Friday, August 29, 2014

08.29.14 Uprooted












Recently, I traveled to the Jersey Shore to visit family. They have roots in the community there, which was heavily traumatized by hurricane Sandy. Surprisingly though, the neighborhoods I looked through were doing much better than years previous. Most houses were raised & renovated or demolished & rebuilt. Those less fortunate could not afford this luxury, however, & their mangled houses remain, rotting. I rode by this house many times on my trips to the shore & always admired it for its architecture & coloration. And it is still beautiful, even in its wreckage. 

I'm going to try & get into the habit of recording the cameras & films used in my sets; for this one, I attempted using Velvia 100 again, despite my last roll's unfortunate outcome. This time, thankfully, it turned out much better. I also used Ilford Delta 100, all on a borrowed Nikon N90s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment