Thursday, August 21, 2014

08.24.14: Kill Your TV





A digital shot from a recent explore to an abandoned machine shop. I love this shot, not only because I forgot to take the orange [b&w] filter off the color film version (kill me, too), but because it's almost representative of my life right now. Currently, I'm living in a tiny basement apartment, without TV or proper internet. I lived in this house, also, without a working vehicle for more than a year. I deleted all modern technologies from my life & it was more than liberating. I have a car now, but still no TV. It's poisonous, I believe. It puts people in a trance & stunts their imagination. It keeps them from going out into the world & glues them to their couch, in their house, instead. I hate that idea, and I hate TV culture. My couch faces the windows & my living room is stacked with motorcycles, vinyl, books, & unfinished puzzles. I love it this way, it keeps me human.

No comments:

Post a Comment